> On 2 Dec 2019, at 19:10, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> On 12/2/2019 12:41 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>> In First Order Logic, Real Numbers are the one which simplifies. The first
>> order theory of the real is decidable, unlike the first order theory of the
>> natural numbers. The digital, or discrete, reality is more complex than the
>> reals, which fits all holes, and provides (in the complex extensions) all
>> roots for the polynomials.
>
> Do you know whether Gisin's "random" numbers produce a decidable structure?

It certainly does not. Real numbers are logically much simpler than Natural
Numbers (think about x^n + y^n = z^n in integer structure and with real numbers
for example), but Gisin use QM, which adds the trigonometrical functions, or
complex numbers, and this re-intrdouces the discrete structure and the integers
in the picture (sin(2pi*x) = 0). Trigonometry, or waves, is what makes the
continuum able to imitate the digital. Whatever physics can appear from
arithmetic, it is described by a continuum, and it needs to be able to imitate
the digital machines (or we would not be there (assuming Mechanism of course).

Bruno