> On 19 May 2020, at 05:20, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I recently wrote an article on the size of the universe and the scope of
> reality:
> https://alwaysasking.com/how-big-is-the-universe/
> <https://alwaysasking.com/how-big-is-the-universe/>
>
> It's first of what I hope will be a series of articles which are largely
> inspired by some of the conversations I've enjoyed here. It covers many
> topics including the historic discoveries, the big bang, inflation, string
> theory, and mathematical realism.

It has not been proved that the decimal expansion of PI contains all (finite
codes of all) sequences.

It is easy to fiw, as you can take the number of Champernow, which trivially
contain all sequences:

C = 0,12345678910111213141516….

OK?

Now, this is different from the universal dovetailing, which *executes*
(semantically) all computations, and makes unavoidable that to solve the mind
body problem, we have to extract the believes in bodies from the statistics on
the first person continuation determined by all computations. It is here that
it is crucial to distinguish between a computation (a notion involving
counterfactuals) and a description of a computation, which does not.

With Mechanism, physics is reduced to number psychology or theology, and
theology is reduced to arithmetic (through the Gödel-Löb-Solovay theorems).

Bruno