What is really going on here is that a* language of hypergraphs*  (not well
specified) is what is assumed to be defined. All of fundamental physics is
to be rewritten in this language, replacing the others.

https://writings.stephenwolfram.com/2020/04/finally-we-may-have-a-path-to-the-fundamental-theory-of-physics-and-its-beautiful/

By the way, when it comes to mathematics, even the setup that we have is
interesting. Calculus has been built to work in ordinary continuous spaces
(manifolds that locally approximate Euclidean space). But what we have here
is something different: in the limit of an infinitely large hypergraph,
it’s like a continuous space, but ordinary calculus doesn’t work on it (not
least because it isn’t necessarily integer-dimensional). So to really talk
about it well, we have to invent something that’s kind of a generalization
of calculus, that’s for example capable of dealing with curvature in
fractional-dimensional space. (Probably the closest current mathematics to
this is what’s been coming out of the very active field of geometric group
theory.)

@philipthrift