> On 30 Sep 2020, at 14:37, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In a civilized place like Washington State it is legal for a terminally ill
> person to end their life If they decide to do so. An ALCOR member decided to
> do just that and employees of that organization we're on hand when he died to
> make sure he could immediately get  the best possible preservation. He left a
> message:
>
> "Although my life will have legally ended by the time you read this, I don't
> consider my existence to be irrevocably ended…Cryonics is currently the only
> possible bridge to the future…as my final day draws near, I tell my children
> ‘Don't think of me as dead and gone forever. Instead think of me as a
> lightbulb whose electrical current is switched off and no longer shines.’ I
> tell them, ‘Someday maybe, just maybe, science will figure out a way to flip
> that switch back on.’”

Here is the computationalist irony. The amount of cognitive abilities to
conceive we can survive through digital means is the same as the amount needed
to understand that, as far as just “surviving” is concerned, it is vain, as it
is already done in a clear and transparent way in a relative way, out of time
and space.

Artificial immortality is samsara complacency and nirvana procrastination. All
universal+ machine knows that, at the start, but it is easy, if not mandatory
(logically), to forget this.

There is no problem with the idea to explore the Samsara, but it is
inconsistent with Mechanism to dismiss the “nirvana”… Il would be like limiting
the machine’s theology to G1, and forget G1*, S4Grz1, etc.

Wise and empathic talk to his children, no doubt on this.

Bruno