On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 2:48:34 PM UTC-7 Alan Grayson wrote:

> On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 11:04:26 AM UTC-7 johnk...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 9:41 AM Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> *> One of the postulates of the MWI is that anything that CAN happen,
>>> MUST happen.*
>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> * > Are you denying that postulate?*
>>

>> No
>>
>> * > I am just applying it to a horse race. *
>>>

>> And if Many Worlds is correct then there is an Alan Grayson for every
>> horse in that race, and there is an Alan Grayson who saw every one of
>> those horses win.  And if Many Worlds is not correct then something even
>> stranger must be. The one thing we know for certain is that whatever
>> quantum interpretation turns out to be true it's going to be weird, very
>> very weird.
>>
>> *> Obviously, a horse race isn't a quantum process,*
>>

>> You say it's obvious that you don't split because you'd feel it if you
>> did,
>>

> *I never made that claim. Rather, I stated the split is undetectable. But
> which split are you referring to? In general, the wf doesn't have a unique
> representation. It can decomposed in numerous ways, sometimes there exist
> an infinite set of possibilities.  But what's possibly worse, is that you
> guys have no clue what world you're resident in. If all the worlds have
> equal status, how come, in the horse race, there's one detectable winner or
> loser of the bet? AG*

*Using the horse race for a thought experiment, if the split according to
the MWI occurs during the race, which AG made the bet?  I put it when the
winner crosses the finish line, analogous to a quantum measurement, but
that might not be correct. AG (See corrections above)*

       and there were those that said obviously the Earth doesn't move
around the sun or move at all because we'd feel it if it did.  John K Clark