On 3/12/2021 1:09 AM, Tomas Pales wrote:

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 1:03:38 AM UTC+1 Brent wrote:

    On 3/11/2021 2:23 PM, Tomas Pales wrote:

    On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 10:27:35 PM UTC+1 Brent wrote:

        On 3/11/2021 9:44 AM, Tomas Pales wrote:

        On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 1:26:27 AM UTC+1 Bruce wrote:

            On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 10:52 AM Tomas Pales
            <litew...@gmail.com> wrote:

                If there is a contradiction in the definition of an
                object, that means that the law of identity is
                violated and the object is not identical to itself
                and hence is not possible. There is no difference
                between possible and necessary in the absolute sense
                because every possible object exists necessarily in
                reality as a whole.

            That is known as 'begging the question' in that you have
            assumed the result that it is necessary for you to
            prove. In other words, you have a circular argument.

        I don't have much of an argument for claiming that there is
        no difference between possible and "real" existence. I just
        can't even imagine any fundamental difference, I don't know
        what it would even mean.

        Is there a dog in your room?  Is it possible for a dog to be
        in your room?  Do you understand those two questions?

    Sure. And these are the answers: There is no dog in my room at
    this moment. It is impossible for a dog to be in my room at this
    moment.

    I didn't write "at this moment".   So apparently you can't a
    question about what is possible.

You obviously meant "at this moment" when you asked about whether there is a dog in my room. If you didn't implicitely mean "at this moment" also in the second question then the answer to that question is that it might be possible for a dog to be in my room at a different time.

So then is it possible that there is a dog in your bathroom, at this moment?