On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 6:31 PM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> They {bats} could in some sense even feel the surfaces with such sonar:
> is the surface smooth or rough, hard or soft, etc. Sound reflects
> differently from different types of surfaces. *

Yes.

*> Would they feel these surface differences as colors, *

What you mean is, would they sense these surface differences as* I SEE*
colors?

*> or would it feel more like tactile sensations? *

What you mean is, would they sense these surface differences as *I FEEL*
surfaces? The answer to both questions is a resounding *NO*. A particular
bat senses surfaces not as you do but as a particular bat does. The only
way Jason Resch Could ever know what it's like to be a particular bat would
be for Jason Resch to turn into that bat, and even then he wouldn't know
because then he wouldn't be Jason Resch anymore, he'd be a bat. And even a
bat doesn't know what it's like to be another bat.

John K Clark