On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 2:17 PM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> We have a vision sense that can know what it is like to see many
> different scenes. Why then, could a Jupiter brain, not have an
> others-mind-sense that can know what it is like to be many different minds?*

Because we have no sense that can detect subjectivity in anything except in
ourselves. We could predict that if an ant encounter something very hot it
will quickly withdraw from it, but we have no way of knowing if it
experiences anything like pain. And it makes no difference how many
different facts a Jupiter brain could keep in it's mine at the same time
because it has no access to even one fact about the subjectivity of others,
nor will it ever have one regardless of how smart it gets.

John K Clark