On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 5:55 PM 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 >> "superposition" is just a word that means a collection of particles
>> that exist in very different physical states at exactly the same time,
>

> * > It's more that a particle or a system of particles exist in a single
> physical state, which is represented by different components in our basis
> for the Hilbert space. *

To me that sounds like a basically correct but needlessly convoluted
euphemism for saying the universe splits. I mean… How would things be
different if instead of the "*a particle or a system of particles exist in
a single physical state, which is represented by different components in
our basis for the Hilbert space*", the universe just split?  Seems to me
that if one thing needs two "*different components in our basis for the
Hilbert space*" then you don't have 1 thing, you have 2 things.
o06