On 7/1/2021 6:47 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 8:19 AM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com <mailto:bhkellet...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    /> In the two slit experiment the two paths are different./

Yes, and that's why there are two universes, thereis a difference between them. As Sesame Street says, one of these things is not like the other.

    /> How, then, are they the same so that they can interfere?/

When the photon in both universes hits a photographic plate, or a brick wall, they are destroyed in both universes and thus there's no longer any difference between the two universes, so it would be silly to say there are still two of them. There once was a difference between them but there no longer is, however a memory of that difference remainsin the single newly emerged universein the form of evidence the photon went through slot A and also evidence the photon went through slot B. And the word we used to describe that sort of thing is "interference". And if you removed the photographic plate, or the brick wall, and just let the photons travel out into infinite space after they pass the slots then there is of course no interference detected because the two universes never become the same again and thus never merged back together.

I have a question for you, if the mathematics says a photon COULD travel through slot A and a photon COULD travel through slot B why do you insist that the mathematics does not really mean what it says so the photon doesn't "really" travel through slot A  and only "really" travels through slot B? I think anything not forbidden by the laws of physics is mandatory, and I am aware of no experimental results to indicate I'm wrong about that.

The math says the wave function travels thru both slots.  That happens in the same world and so the two paths produce interference patterns.

Brent

John K Clark    See what's on my new list at Extropolis <https://groups.google.com/g/extropolis>

tnq

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3fNQYio_J3yK4%2BnbkkfNxNpHKoMB%3DDJViPU-Z2ACDy9Q%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3fNQYio_J3yK4%2BnbkkfNxNpHKoMB%3DDJViPU-Z2ACDy9Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.