On Tue, Jul 6, 2021, 4:07 PM 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On 7/6/2021 10:34 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
>

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 12:27 PM 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <
> everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> And you're never going to find a being that behaves intelligently based
>> on information that can be quantum erased.
>>
> You need only a quantum computer with enough qubits.
>
> Can you prove that?  How does this quantum intelligence ever arrive at a
> definite decision?

Prove? No. But I think I can justify it:

1. Quantum computers are Turing equivalent, they can compute anything a
classical computer can.

2. Human brains are believed to operate according to physical laws, all
known of which are computable.

3. Humans are conscious.

4. By any of: Chalmers's principle of "Organizational invariance", or
"multiple realizability", or the "Generalized Anti-Zombie Principle", or
the "computational theory of mind", a functionally equivalent computation
to that of a conscious human brain will be equivalently conscious to that
brain.

5. Quantum computers are reversible.

By 1 & 2, a quantum computer can simulate a human brain. By 3 & 4, such an
emulation will be conscious. By 5 any computation performed by a quantum
computer can be quantum erased by reversing the circuit back to its
starting state.

It reaches a definite decision by virtue of completing its processing
before ultimately being reversed. This prevents an outside observer from
learning the decision, but it's made nonetheless during the course of the
processing.

Jason