This is indeed a historic moment for AI - protein folding is unbelievably
complex and to now have a tool that can deal with that complexity is of
inestimable value. But I do have these concerns:

   - It will be tempting to assume that DeepMind is correct on any given
   structure. But we don't have any easy way to test it. Of course, we can
   have a high degree of confidence that the predicted shape is accurate, and
   the value in that is already huge. But mistakes will be made based on this
   assumption.
   - This tool can be weaponized to create new and even highly-targeted
   poisons. It's not hard to imagine developing a poison that was only toxic
   for people of a certain race and then delivering it via virus. Who has
   access to DeepMind?
   - Are we comfortable with a corporation controlling something so
   powerful and with potential global security issues? This question will only
   get increasingly more relevant as new advances in AI are made. Can the
   world ever hope to regulate something so simultaneously powerful and
   cutting edge?

Terren