The distinction between van der Waals force and the Casimir effect is not
clear, and both have to do with what might be called quantum atmospheres. I
proposed years ago how the Casimir vacuum could be pumped to generate
coherent laser-like states. The Josephson-Junction is a soliton result in
quantum mechanics. The wave is a solution of the sine-Gordon equation.

LC

https://arxiv.org/abs/2103.15809

Realization of the field-free Josephson Diode

Authors: Heng Wu, Yaojia Wang, Yuanfeng Xu, Pranava K. Sivakumar, Chris
Pasco, Ulderico Filippozzi, Stuart S. P. Parkin, Yu-Jia Zeng, Tyrel
McQueen, Mazhar N. Ali

Abstract: The superconducting analog to the semiconducting diode, the
Josephson diode, has long been sought, with multiple avenues to realization
proposed by theorists. Exhibiting magnetic-field free, single directional
superconductivity with Josephson coupling of the supercurrent across a
tunnel barrier, it would serve as the building-block for next-generation
superconducting circuit technology. Here we re… ▽ More
Submitted 24 March, 2022; v1 submitted 29 March, 2021; originally announced
March 2021.

Comments: 30 pages, 14 figures

Journal ref: Nature 604, 653-656 (2022)