On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 11:41 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

*>  AI systems have still insect-level intelligence.*

10 years ago that might've been true, maybe even five, but not today.

> * > The self-replicating machines will produce whatever chemical
> wasteproducts they can live with and they will be too dumb to realize that
> they are killing everything else.*

If an AI decides to kill all biological life it won't be because it's stupid,
and even if they do decide to do that it wouldn't explain why we don't see
an engineered universe when we look at the night sky. Somebody has to be
the first and I think it must be us.

fal