On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 4:28 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> I don't see how MWI adds to intuitive understanding of the Born rule.
> It's not agreed among MWI advocates how different outcomes occur with
> different weights (which is just another "probability" measure) or in
> different numbers so there can be branch counting.*

Branch counting won't work if you assume there are an infinite number of
worlds but one and only one Mr.You, but if there is also an infinite number
of Brent Meekers who physically differ from each other in ways that are so
sub microscopically tiny they make no subjective difference it does work. A
string that is 6 inches long and one 7 inches long both have an infinite
number of points, but if I put 80 of the 6 inch strings into a hat and 20
of the 7 inch ones and are blindfolded close and pick one out of the hat at
random and asked to make a bet on which sort of string I picked I would
place the odds at a 80% chance it would be 6 inches and 20% it would be 7
inches. And if I consistently played that game and used those odds I would
soon make a lot of money.

   muq