Just an interesting quote.

“The idea that they [measurement outcomes] be not alternatives but *all* really
happen simultaneously seems lunatic to him [the quantum theorist], just
*impossible*. He thinks that if the laws of nature took *this* form for, let me
say, a quarter of an hour, we should find our surroundings rapidly turning into
a quagmire, or sort of a featureless jelly or plasma, all contours becoming
blurred, we ourselves probably becoming jelly fish. It is strange that he
should believe this. For I understand he grants that unobserved nature does
behave this way – namely according to the wave equation. The aforesaid
*alternatives* come into play only when we make an observation - which need, of
course, not be a scientific observation. Still it would seem that, according to
the quantum theorist, nature is prevented from rapid jellification only by our
perceiving or observing it. [........] The compulsion to replace the
"simultaneous* happenings, as indicated directly by the theory, by
*alternatives*, of which the theory is supposed to indicate the respective
*probabilities*, arises from the conviction that what we really observe are
particles - that actual events always concern particles, not waves."

-Erwin Schroedinger, The Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics. Dublin Seminars
(1949-1955) and Other Unpublished Essays (Ox Bow Press, Woodbridge,
Connecticut, 1995), pages 19-20.