On 4/21/2024 4:44 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 7:29 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

        />>> "How about the war in Ukraine, Russian hacking, global
        warming,  Chinese threats in the Taiwan strait and South
        China sea, and U.S. infrastructure decay?"/

    *>> If the singularity happens in the next two or three years,
    which doesn't sound nearly as ridiculous as it would have 18
    months ago, then every one of those things is of utterly trivial
    importance. *

    /> The big difference is "IF".  IF Earth is hit a million ton
    asteriod tomorrow the singularity will be irrelevant./

*IF an asteroid the size of Mount Everest slams into the Earth during the next year then that will stop the Singularity, but there is only about one chance in 100 million of that happening. The war in Ukraine, global warming, the threat to Taiwan, and decaying US infrastructure will NOT stop, or even significantly delay, the arrival of the Singularity.  But none of the dangers I mentioned in the previous two sentences will decide the November 5th election, the American people believe that the most significant dangers facing the nation today are excessive wokeness, the "invasion" from Mexico, and transsexuals. *

*I'm an "American people" and I think the election of Donald Trump is the most significant danger facing the nation, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority....I'm just not sure I'm not in the Electoral College majority.

Brent
*

John K Clark    See what's on my new list at Extropolis <https://groups.google.com/g/extropolis>
hrr

        *LLAMA 3 *BREAKS* the Industry | Government Safety Limits
        Approaching | Will Groq kill NVIDIA?*
        <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuQFpjh2beE>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv2FBM1AAYwUi%3DN%2BpMUTmyc32zKxw3z9ndsDbV2EUgrzoA%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv2FBM1AAYwUi%3DN%2BpMUTmyc32zKxw3z9ndsDbV2EUgrzoA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.