On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 4:19 PM 'spudboy...@aol.com' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*>  Don the Dictator, didn't emerge the last time. *

*True but you certainly can't say Don didn't try, on January 6, 2021 he
came within a hair's breadth of achieving his dream of becoming King Donald
I. *

*> As I nagged JC, its policy that matters, and personality can Go Fish*.

*I've said this before but I'll say it again. During the Trump
administration at least 1,219,000 Americans died from COVID, more than all
who died in all of America's wars put together. And this came at a time
while Trump's policy was saying Covid was overblown and the Democrats were
just trying to make a big deal out of nothing, and then telling us that
vaccines cause autism and proposing quack cures for Covid like
Hydroxychloroquine, even though it just increased the death rate, and don't
forget that other new wonder drug that Dr. Trump discovered, Clorox.*

*And Trump was as bad an economist as he was a doctor. On the last day of
the Trump administration there were 2.9 million fewer jobs than on the
first day of the Trump administration, and that's the first time something
like that has happened since Herbert Hoover. If we consider the overall
growth from the beginning to the end of Trump's presidency, the economy
expanded by approximately 7.5% in real terms (adjusted for inflation). But
that was over 4 years, in just one year, 2021, the first year of the Biden
administration, the economy grew by 5.7%,  In 2022 it was only 2.1% but in
2023 it was 2.5%.  *

*The federal debt went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion during the
Trump years.The number of people lacking health insurance rose by 3 million
during the Trump years.Home prices rose by 27.5% during the 4 Trump
years.The U.S. trade deficit in goods and services in 2020 was the highest
since 2008.Handgun production rose by 12.5% in 2020In Trump's last year
2020,  the murder rate rose to the highest level since 1997, 6.5 per
100,000 residents.And despite all of Trump's many bombastic and fascist
speeches, illegal immigration over the southwestern border increased by an
estimated 14.7%.*

*And then there's the fact that Trump reneged on the Iran nuclear deal
guaranteeing that Iran would become a nuclear power. *
*And Trump will probably get out of NATO in order to give his boss,
Vladimir Putin, a free hand to invade any country in Europe that he wants. *

*And then there's the criminal trial Trump is now facing for forging
documents when he was paying off a porn star so she would keep quiet about
his mushroom shaped penis and the fact that he liked her to spank him with
a copy of Forbes magazine that had him on the cover just a few days after
his wife had given birth to his son. *

*But besides all of that the Trump presidency was fine and peachy. *

*> What policies ruined your lives?*

*See above.  *

> * > In reverse, I could list Joe's policies that I view as bad for this
> nation state.*

*Apparently you believe that Joe ruined your life because immigrants
created too much competition and interfered with your lifelong ambition of
become a professional tomato picker.  *
tjd