On Sat, Jul 13, 2024 at 8:20 AM 'spudboy...@aol.com' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*> OpenAI reportedly nears breakthrough with “reasoning” AI, reveals
> progress framework Five-level AI classification system probably best seen
> as a marketing exercise.(More profoundly,OPENAI's 5 tier system for future
> capabilities. Looks like we're at '2')*
>
> *OpenAI reportedly nears breakthrough with “reasoning” AI, reveals
> progress framework*
> <https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/07/openai-reportedly-nears-breakthrough-with-reasoning-ai-reveals-progress-framework/>

The interesting thing is that OpenAI says that while GPT-4 can answer
questions about as well as a bright high school student can, GPT-5 will be
able to correctly answer the sort of questions a PhD candidate will receive
during the verbal defense of this thesis. And GPT-5 is only level two. As
you point out it's a 5 tier system.
u7I