I checked the paper again and instead of a response through my phone, I'll
try to be a bit clearer and leave out the psychology:

The misconception is that humans cannot be Turing machines because they
lack infinite tape. In "On Computable Numbers, With An Application To The
Entscheidungsproblem," Turing describes Universal Turing Machines (UTMs)
using finite tables of instructions, with no inherent need for infinite
resources. Each UTM operates based on a finite set of rules and
transitions, handling finite inputs and outputs. The notion of an infinite
tape is often misinterpreted; Turing's idea was that the tape could be
extended as needed for any computation, ensuring sufficient resources for
finite tasks rather than literally requiring an infinite resource. Turing's
formalism re UTM does not involve actual infinities; UTMs are finite
machines with finite instructions.

Turing addresses the ambiguity of functions that may not halt, consistent
with practical computing where some algorithms may run indefinitely.
Therefore, the argument that humans cannot be Turing machines due to a lack
of infinite tape is based on a misinterpretation of Turing's work. Turing's
detailed description of UTMs involves finite tables, instructions, and
inputs, making it clear that UTMs are finite in every way. This aligns with
the practical realities of computation and human cognition, reinforcing the
idea that human cognitive processes can be viewed as computational within
Turing's theoretical framework.

I mean, if you approach a UTM with a set of instructions that require the
full expression of some transcendental number committed to memory in
decimals, then hopefully the UTM is rich enough in reasoning abilities to
ask you for your medical history/habits, instead of letting you start
expressing the full description of your instructions. 😅 Looking at the
paper, this seems too absurd to even mention there.