On Sun, Sep 29, 2024 at 2:07 PM Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

* >> Galilean relativity is a very good approximation of reality as long as
> the speeds don't become too high, and it would also be completely invariant
> under coordinate transformation IF Galileo's assumptions were correct;
> namely that there is no speed limit in the universe, and velocities always
> combine linearly even if they're going close to the speed of light, and
> simultaneity is an objective fact because time is the same for all
> observers.  To put it another way, invariant Galilean transformations are
> mathematically consistent BUT experiment shows they are NOT physically
> consistent because Galileo's physical assumptions were NOT correct. It is
> necessary that a physical theory be mathematically consistent but it is not
> sufficient.*
>

> *> Something's still awry. You agree that tensor equations are invariant
> under coordinate transformations, and that the Galilean transformation is a
> coordinate transformation, so that should be enough for ME to be invariant
> under the GT. Yet you assert it isn't.*

*All Galilean tensor equations are 100% mathematically consistent, but
physically they are not even approximately correct unless the speeds are
very low, and if you're talking about Maxwell's Equations the speeds are
very high. You can have Galilean transformations that are mathematically
invariant with any change of coordinates, but  they are not physically
consistent with experimental results because they contain assumptions which
turned out not to be physically true. *

npy