On 2001.06.03 20:12:51 +0200 Torben Schou Jensen wrote:
> Of course I was logged in as root, a local user is not allowed to make
> any chown or chmod change to /var/spool/mail.
> There should be a better way, as Netscape mail can live with it, why
> can't Evolution.

yeah netscape is different it uses its own maildir and handles its mail
in a different way. you can tell evolution not to touch your local mail
if you dont want so this problem doesnt appear anymore. if you want to
import the messages there, then theres no other way that i know off.
or do this...

copy the "tsj" file to ~/Evolution/...../Inbox/mbox or how its called
and you got your emails.. but thats not the best way since you cant
poll your local mailbox anymore.. you definitely want to set that
directory to 1777 change your permissions file of linuxconf no matter
what you say. you need to..

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]