>From: JP Rosevear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Yosi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] FTP sync, Please!
>Date: 31 Mar 2002 22:57:16 -0500
>
>I will endeavour to prevent this from happening, however it is not a high
>priority right now since few changes are going into the stable branch and
>I'm working on unstable snaps.

I appreciate it, and I appreciate the hard work all the
Evolution developers put in this software. I did not want
sound harsh or ungrateful.

> > There are people (such as myself) who prefer to compile > from source
>and save a lot of bloat (gal-devel and > gtkhtml-devel more than 4MB
>each???), while getting an >optimized package.
>
>You save nothing since gal-devel and gtkhtml-devel are required to build
>evolution.  They contain the .la, header files and configuration scripts.

I do save a lot! When I compile gal and gtkhtml on my
machine, without any debug info, the devel packages are
less than 1MB each. The devel packages on the Ximian ftp
site are more than 4MB each. I will be more than happy to
give excat figures, if you are curious.

Sincerely,
Yosi