The IMAP code could generally use some work, the current codebase is a
little difficult to work with though, so dont expect changes for a while
yet.

I'm not sure why we get down the whole header, I think the idea was that
it was about as expensive to get the whole header as just a couple of
header entries, perhaps this isn't the case.

The rescan stuff may be the server sending stuff in an unexpected way,
perhaps.