Hi Folks,
        I think I'm about 2 inches away from getting documents
openned inline in evolution with the abiword bonobo-control.

What happens now is that the the component gets activated and the
persist-stream method is called, this all works. Evolutions mailer appears
to reserve space for the document inline but instead of the AbiWord
control being embedded in the evolution mail display window, like my test
programs, it gets launched in it's own new window.

So far I've done no hacking on evolution at all except to get it to
compile with db3 3.2.9. (Don't worry I won't submit a patch for this!)

I suspect that evolution is getting confused about how to deal with
the msword/rtf/abw mime-types. Some info from oaf says it is a
bonobo-component and some info from the global gnome environment says it
should launch the AbiWord program to open it.

This problem has clearly been solved for ggv so this should not be too
hard to fix.

To help with this, could someone tell me where in source code are the
calls to open various mime-types inline inside an evolution mail window?
As a first step I'd like to hardwire in these mime-type to embed abiword
then determine why/if evolution is getting confused or if there is some
fundamental issue with the AbiWord control that prevents proper usage
inside evolution.

Thanks very much.

Martin Sevior