Camel doesn't generate any html, at least not yet. I've written a stream
filtr to convert text to HTML but I'm pretty sure it's not actually
being used yet.

I assume you must mean the html that GtkHTML generates?
Or maybe you mean the HTML that the mailer generates using
e_text_to_html()? The code is pretty simple, you can find it in
evolution/e-util/e-text-utils.c I think? Or maybe it's e-html-utils.c I
forget.

Jeff