If you want to hack on the NNTP support, you'll first want to install
Evolution 1.1.0.99 because much code has changed since the 1.0.x
versions.

Next, you'll want to look at evolution/camel/providers/nntp/*.[c,h]

All the code to connect, download, etc news messages are there.

Basically, every provider is a plugin that implements the Store and
Folder and/or abstract Transport classes.

NNTP currently only implements the Store and Folder classes, but should
eventually also implement the Transport class as well.

Since Camel is loosely based on the JavaMail API, you might find some
useful documentation there if you don't find enough in the form of
gtk-doc style comments in the code. We try to document all of the
external APIs as best we can. If you find documentation lacking, you can
always ask us too - we'll do our best to help out.

Jeff

On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 02:18, Gopi wrote:
> I am also looking for that, I would like to take look at nntp part of
> evolution code and make it into some sort of usable, but couldnt get any
> useful help to get nntp availbale on the evolution first. :-(.
>
> Is there anybody who can help guys like us out.
>
> Thanks,
> S.Gopi
>
> On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 08:53, John D wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to add a reminder feature to Tasks. I
> > am not familiar with the Evolution code structure
> > at all, in fact I do not even know what language
> > it is coded in.
> >
> > Can someone please help me by providing some
> > relevant filenames or directories to get me
> > started at analyzing evolution code.
> >
> > Also, please let me know if anyone else is working
> > on this.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John

> --