Hi *,

I am currently doing exactly this Integration.

I've spend much time digging into the wombat and PCS code in the past weeks.

What I have is a WCAP Access Library and a cal-backend-wcap.c and .h pair.
I've added a libwcap Project to 1.0.7.

May I reserve "wcap:/server/..." as a iPlanet Calender Server URL?

cheers,

Matthias Schmidt

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 12:09:51PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 16:45, 'Michael Clarkson - Wireless Architect -
> CTO' wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > Could someone give me some idea of the work involved to extend the
> > Evolution Calendar User Agent to connect to a backend Calendar Server
> > which uses the Web Calendar Access Protocol to return iCalendar
> > formatted information (iPlanet Calendar Server etc).
> >
> you'll have to create a CalBackend for the new calendar type, and a
> storage (shell/evolution-storage.c) to register your folders into the
> evolution shell.
>
> for the backend part, you can look at how wombat does it (wombat/* and
> calendar/pcs/*).
>
> > Asuuming this would be achieved by writing a new provider, is there any
> > evolution documention that outlines this process.
> >
> no, not much. Best thing is to look at the code and ask on evo-hackers@
>
> cheers
>
> --
> Rodrigo Moya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Matthias Schmidt                Tel: (++49 6103) 752 284
Sun Microsystems GmbH           Fax: (++49 6103) 752 167
Amperestraße 6
D-63225 Langen