On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 03:12, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 17:28, Ronald Kuetemeier wrote:

> > Maybe I'm wrong but thats sounds like a problem with the Berkeley DB, at
> > least that's the problem I run into long time ago. If I remember right I
> > had a newer version installed. The FAQ should have an answer on how to
> > fix the problem, i.e convert from an older version. Otherwise install
> > 3.1.17. Don't forget killev after/before you do that.
> >
> the calendar does not use Berkeley DB. The addressbook does, but not the
> calendar.

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 03:12, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 17:28, Ronald Kuetemeier wrote:

> > Maybe I'm wrong but thats sounds like a problem with the Berkeley DB, at
> > least that's the problem I run into long time ago. If I remember right I
> > had a newer version installed. The FAQ should have an answer on how to
> > fix the problem, i.e convert from an older version. Otherwise install
> > 3.1.17. Don't forget killev after/before you do that.
> >
> the calendar does not use Berkeley DB. The addressbook does, but not the
> calendar.
Theory and practice, while right for the underlying local storage, wrong
in practice. Since the calendar uses the addressbook to look up
addresses.  I fixed my addressbook and got as a site effect calendar
working, see your support db for my email exchange (some time back).
I opened and closed a bug on that, since your support wasn't able to
help me at that time.
Here's a hint, mv /usr/bin/evolution-addressbook, or where ever it is on
your machine, to ~.  Killall evolution-addressbook, open calendar. Tell
me what you see, can't create an appointment, only reminder and
recurrence on the GUI? (done on 1.2b) WHOW.
Theory and practice.

Ronald