Hello!

I'm moving this thread from the Evolution list to the Evo-Hackers list
as a double-check as well as to ask for advice on where to start.

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 12:42, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 18:59, Jim Meyer wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone's currently investigating (or has
> > investigated) getting Evolution to sync with Netscape Calendar,
> > particularly v4.7.1. NSCal 5.1 has a documented API, but I've not been
> > able to find docs for v4.7.1's API, if there is one.
> >
> no one is working on this, AFAIK.

So, to double-check: no one here knows of anyone working on this, do
they?

> > However, I've noticed that NSCal v4.7.1 can export a vCal file; I was
> > intending to approach it from that direction if no one had a better
> > solution.
> >
> yes, that should work, and if not, please report bugs.

Cool. It'll be a bit of a clunky approach as

My next question is one of approach. I'm betting that it'll be easiest
to behave somewhat like a pilot-sync operation would. Unfortunately,
this will be a bit clunkier as the export from NSCal will be manual, as
will be the import to NSCal as well. I'm generally envisioning the
process to go something like:

1. Export vCalendar data from NSCal
2. Actuate syncing tool which reads vCal file, performs sync with
   Evo, and writes vCal file of events which must change in NSCal
3. Import vCalendar data into NSCal

Is there any good documentation of the sync-a-pilot-to-Evo process?

Thanks!

--j