I just had to do this for changing smtp.  I noticed that gconf saves
your original home directory in the evolution settings. So if you change
home directories you have to reset it.  Using sed you can easily replace
it or just direct the output from the first command into a file and
change it by hand.  Make sure to back up the %config.xml before doing
this, I wiped it a half a dozen times trying to figure this out.

gconftool-2 --get /apps/evolution/mail/accounts | sed
s/oldlocationofhomedirectory/directorywhereyouwanttosaveto/g > /tmp/evo.temp
gconftool-2 --unset /apps/evolution/mail/accounts
gconftool-2 --type=list ----list-type=string --set
/apps/evolution/mail/accounts "`cat /tmp/evo.temp`"

Chris