On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 23:55 -0400, Dick Rounds wrote:
> I found the images which had been emailed to me but which I couldn't
> forward. They are located at:
>
>     http://www.rense.com/general70/drift.htm
>
> I also talked to the guy who sent me the email. He has an Apple
> computer and uses some email program that I never heard of.  Don't
> know that this makes any difference or not.
>
> Maybe this will make some sense to you. I saved the images to my
> desktop and gtried every graphics program I had to open them but all
> failed.
This reminds me of a problem I've had with images in a PowerPoint
presentation my wife prepared on her iBook. They worked fine for her but
wouldn't open in PowerPoint on M$ and wouldn't open in OO.o Impress. I
don't remember the details but learned them by googling. Turns out that
Mac uses some proprietary method to save images taken from the Web
(something from Adobe, I think) which Windows and Linux don't seem to
support. The problem was solved by having her explicitly save the images
to a different format (.jpg, I think).

(Do the images behave OK for you if you download them directly from the
site you mention above?)