On Feb 1, 2008 11:15 AM, Gavin Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 18:03 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
> > Remember 'New' != 'Unread' -

[snip]

> Evolution seems to take an incredibly sensitive view of what is 'New'.
> The other mailers I have used will filter messages automatically using
> the IMAP server at my institution, but Evolution flatly refuses.

[snip]

Glad to hear I'm not the only one suffering from this.

I would very much prefer the Thunderbird style behavior, and this one thing
may be enough to send me back there, in spite of not having the calendar,
tasks, notes, etc.

I'm connecting to an Exchange server and I'm connecting via IMAP.  Anybody
know if using the Exchange connection works better for this?

-Steve