> > > Anyway.  Maybe she would have better luck with Evolution's email label
> > > feature?  I've not used it myself but it sounds like something she could
> > > make use of.  The only problem is if she wants to have lots and lots of
> > > them created and deleted relatively quickly it might be a problem.
> > > Evo's interface to mail labels is not very "quick and easy".  It's more
> > > geared to "set up a bunch of static labels and reuse them".
> > >
> > How about the following ...
> > Edit as new
> > Modify subject
> > save as draft
> > use draft copy as 'key' email
> > setup filter that can be run on Drafts folder to move 'key' email back to
> > inbox,
> > or setup a filter to move/copy ALL pertinent emails from Inbox/Drafts to a
> > designated folder
>
> Alternatively, set up virtual folders to classify the messages. This
> won't change the Subject of course, but would help group related mails
> together, and you could use the folder name as a hint. Not sure how this
> would scale since it's still fairly manual.

Or what about 'redirect'ing the mail to yourself i.e.

  Message -> Forward As -> Redirect

Then fill in your own address as the To: and change the subject line to
whatever you want.  This will cause a new message to be created (which
is the only way of doing what you want), but will retain the rest of the
email intact.

This would also be a way of dealing with removing attachments.

Pete