On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 14:11 +0530, Johnny Jacob wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 12:47 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > Every time I send or receive mail I get a warning message at the bottom
> > of my Evo window telling me "Error while fetching mail".
> >
> > In fact, there never seems to really be an error or problem fetching
> > mail.  The warning goes away after a minute of two.
> >
> > I have checked my standard logs and can't seem to see anything
> > untoward.
>
> No information from help-> Debug Logs ? Also when the warning comes up
> you can cliec on the information icon, it'll popup the warning dialog
> with more information.

Additional warning:

"Host lookup failed: pop.braodband.rogers.com: Name or service not
known"

Never noticed that Help => Debug before. Is it new? Too bad you can't
cut and paste from it.

However, when the warning appears at the bottom of my window it appears
with a little encircled x at the end.  When I click on that the message
goes away,

As I said in the first post, the host lookup seems NOT to fail; my
service is found; and, my mail is fetched.  It is just mildly annoying
and perhaps a warning of things to come.

I am using Fedora 9 and on the Fedora mailing list there is some
discussion of problems with the timing of NetworkManager.  This evo
warning and that issue may be related ??
--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3