None of the "delete cache/database" ideas help, and this is not an
Exchange-related Inbox (it's my local Inbox, served by locally by
Fetchmail using IMAP).  After deleting the caches/database, Evolution
now crashes while writing these.

I think the Inbox file itself is somehow corrupt, and I need a way to
figure out how (i.e. an Inbox parsing utility).

Note that I'm seeing email in the Inbox up to about a year ago... all
subsequent email are in the Inbox, but Evolution doesn't show them.