On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 08:52 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> If you say so. I find the discussion on the BZ page hard to follow, as
> it's not clear to me what exactly is the intended behaviour. If I paste
> from the Chromium location bar into a random command line or text
> editor, I'm certainly getting the URL and not the contents, which is as
> I would expect. I still don't understand why anyone would want something
> different in Evo unless explicitly pasting into the attachment area.
>
> BTW I also get the full file when copying and pasting into Evo from
> Dolphin or Nautilus, so maybe it's not a Chromium bug but a
> Firefox/Konqueror/Epiphany bug. The only thing that's clear is that
> there's disagreement about what the "correct" behaviour should be.

>From what you describe it sounds like Chromium is copying its location
bar text to the clipboard as a "text/uri-list" data type (which is all
the information Evolution has to act on) instead of just plain text.

"text/uri-list" is meant for use cases like highlighting a bunch of
files in a file manager and then moving or copying them elsewhere via
copy+paste or drag-and-drop.

The bug I pointed you to fixed the case of copying and pasting or
dragging and dropping highlighted files from Nautilus into the composer
window and having them show up as a bunch of URIs.  Expected behavior is
to insert them as attachments.  "text/uri-list" is the data type used to
negotiate that.

Chromium should be copying location bar content as "text/plain".