On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 16:02, Patrick O'Callaghan <p...@usb.ve> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 17:04 +1000, Nick Jenkins wrote:

<snip>

> I wouldn't mind if Evo took account of the data type *when pasting in
> the attachment area*. In the normal text area, I maintain that it should
> paste the URL, especially when the composer is in plain-text mode (which
> in my case is 100% of the time). This strikes me as the natural thing to
> do and one which is very easy to explain to the user. If not, the "Paste
> Quotation" thing should at least change its name to something
> meaningful, such as "Paste URL" (or does it have some other purpose?)

Ah. But the thing is, if you go to a file browser (like nautilus),
select a file, and press Ctrl-C, then go to a compose window and press
Ctrl-V, what behavior would you expect?
I would expect the file to be attached. I would not expect a path to
the file to be pasted.

The bug in chromium is, that it identifies a copied URL as if it was a
file copied from a file manager.

Best,
  Kåre
--