Am Donnerstag, den 05.09.2013, 09:59 +0200 schrieb Stephan Skrodzki:
> Hello Tobias,
>
> although I do not know if this is possible at all with evolution. Is
> there any special reason why you do not use the "unix standards" for
> such purposes?
>
> The command line "mail" program could be perfectly used for sending
> mails from scripts as long as you have set up an MTA (postfix, exim,
> sendmail) the right way.
>
> Best regards
>  Stephan
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 05.09.2013, 09:25 +0200 schrieb Tobias Drößler:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i use a shell script to generate some emails (without user interaction)
> > by appending content to file ~/.evolution/mail/local/Outbox .
> >
> > This works fine until i update evolution to V3.4.4 (now).
> >
> > I recognized that evolution uses a new mail storage/organization format
> > after update.
> >
> > I tried to fix the path to ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/ ..  but it did
> > not work.

I use an older version of evolution (2.28), but the following worked
well.

1) Create a local mbox account. In receiving options set the mail spool
   file to <yourhome>/mailspool
2) Create a message filter which moves mails whose source account is the
   account from step 1 to your default Outbox folder.
3) Use a little script to generate mails which land in the mailspool
file like that:

echo "message content" | /usr/bin/mail -m ~/ -s "<subject>" -t
"<to_address>" --append="From: <sender address>" mailspool