On 6 November 2013 00:48, Bart <montana_evolution_u...@hardinmt.us> wrote:

> No.  It seems to stay the same.  I've tried a different modem just to
> eliminate that possibility.  Your explanation seems reasonable.  I do
> have another problem with the cable that they (the cable company) do not
> seem to be able to figure out.  I simply use the DSL connection most of
> the time.

This kind of weirdness can sometimes be caused by a mismatch in MTUs on the
two networks, but I'm not expert enough to give you specific advice.
However you could try reducing your machine's MTU to 576 (the lowest
standard value) to see if it makes a difference. See Google for how to do
this on Linux.

poc