On Fri, 2013-11-22 at 12:42 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On 22 November 2013 01:23, Carpetnailz
> <carpetna...@researchintegration.org> wrote:
>         Thanks. Trying that gives:
>
>         [eric@ericscomputer ~]$ sudo xdg-mime query default
>
> application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation
>         [sudo] password for eric:
>         libreoffice-impress.desktop libreoffice-impress.desktop
>

> Why 'sudo'? The idea is to ask what *your own* environment is going to
> find, not the superuser's.
>

> poc

I didn't realize the query was user specific and I wanted to avoid a
'permission denied.' At any rate the result is the same when I run the
query as myself.

To Reid: No tnef that I can find. But that's for mail coming from M$
Outlook or Exchange Server. I don't see that it has anything to do with
mail coming from Apple Mail.