On Sat, 2016-02-20 at 21:14 +0100, Stig Roar Wangberg wrote:
> la. den 20. 02. 2016 klokka 19.59 (+0100) skreiv Tom:
> > Am Samstag, den 20.02.2016, 19:31 +0100 schrieb Stig Roar Wangberg:
> > > la. den 20. 02. 2016 klokka 19.03 (+0100) skreiv Tom:

> > > Oh, I was expecting this from others, like when I don't trust or
> > > sign
> > > their keys. Hm. I didn't expect from my own private key. So I
> > > have to
> > > sign and trust my own key too! Like gpg --sign, and level of
> > > trust. I
> > > wonder if I should trust myself with level 5 ... ;)
> > >
> > So your expectation is right. Me - as OTHER one - can't trust the
> > sender
> > is really YOU as far as not having your public key to check if it
> > fits
> > the private key you signed your mail with. Keeps me hanging on if I
> > don't know where to get your public key, except you would be so
> > kind to
> > send it to me. Easiest way was to include it in your mail
> > somewhere.
> > I don't know, how Evolution exactly handles this, but the
> > mechanisms of
> > PKI are simple at last ...
>
> What happens if you run gpg --recv-keys 7C174863 ? That will give you
> my
> public key, right? You can also type in my email address in
> gpg.mit.edu.
> But I'm really curious if my public key-block is supposted to be
> attached to my signature? The 7C174863 is already there, yes? I don't
> know what people usually do. Probably compare the fingerprints with
> each
> other before they sign and trust. How Evolution works, I really don't
> know.
>
> My key weren't confirmed in my sent messages before I trusted my own
> key. So I guess that's what other people that trust me have to do
> too.

IMHO your public key should be attached/sent with your signature. In
that case I could store your public key on my system (evolution) and
use it directly to encrypt my messages sent to you.
Naturally I could
search on gpg.mit.edu, but getting the public key directly would make
my life more easy!

--
Rudolf Künzli - rudolf.kunzli@gmail.comSkype: rudolf.kunzli