Yes, it's of the format https://outlook.office365.com/OAB/[SOME-UUID]/oab.xml

> I even cannot run
> Fetch URL on the above URL, it returns "503 Service Unavailable", thus
> the OAB URL is empty for me (but it doesn't mean much, due to my
> outlook.com account). I suppose you've checked
>    [x] Cache offline address book
> at the Receving Options tab and you clicked "Fetch List" and picked
> the right (and possibly the only one) address book from the list, as
> it's necessary to be done to have the GAL cached offline for the
> evolution-ews, and eventually get pictures out of it.

Yes, I've clicked 'Fetch List' and selected the only possible value
"Offline Global Address List".

> After a change a
> restart of the evolution-addressbook-factory process might be
> restarted, to take changes fully into the effect.

I've used these settings for at least a couple of months, but only
bothered to write the email now. My assumption is that the settings
were picked up, but the pictures are not downloaded.

> In any case, once you'll see contact pictures in the Contacts view and
> the GAL is marked for auto-completion, they will also be shown in the
> message preview.
>
> I checked the sources and there was done a fix for this in [1], which
> was for 3.19.90, thus your 3.20.5 version has it included. Either it
> failed in some way, or some preconditions are not met.

How can I troubleshoot why it fails?

Thanks,

Robert

http://robert.muntea.nu/