On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 12:07 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> I just had to completely power off my computer. KDE completly froze.
>
> All I did was open Firefox and went to my banking site and the clock in
> the upper right hand corner stopped at 11:55:00 AM
>
> I finally had to reach up and hit the power button. Not even CTRL ALT
> BACKSPACE was working.
>
> Evo was open during the time, but wasn't downloading any email at the
> time.
>
> Do I have to worry about any corruptions to emails previously
> downloaded and saved away in folders?

The answer is the same as for any other data, whether that's image
files, browser bookmarks, or whatever: Could be.

The question is not Evolution-specific so it could be brought up in an
internet forum instead, such as
https://askubuntu.com/questions/487608/does-hard-reboot-damage-my-ubuntu

andre
--