Milan -

With apologies for the slow response (I've been away from this machine for
several days) - thank you very kindly for the response.

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 1:52 AM Milan Crha via evolution-list <
evolution-list@gnome.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2022-01-10 at 15:00 -0500, Bridger Dyson-Smith via evolution-
> list wrote:
> > 1. Evolution frequently cannot find the folders in my account,
> > displaying results like the two attached files. In the event the list
> > scrubs attachments, in #1, the folder names never populate - but
> > unread counts do; e.g.
>
>         Hi,
> does evolution print anything on the terminal, what would help to
> identify the problem, please? You might consider to run:
>
>    $ EWS_DEBUG=2 evolution &>log.txt
>
> to get some useful information too. The log contains raw communication
> between the server and the evolution-ews, exposing a lot of private
> information, including credentials/passwords/tokens/cookies, thus do
> not share it in public without carefully removing anything suspicious,
> encoded or in a plain text form.
>
> I have quite a bit out of output from that command (~630MB). Is it
possible to give some direction regarding things from this log that might
be worth sharing?

> I would even start from scratch by deleting
>
>    ~/.cache/evolution/mail/<ews-account-uid>/
>
> where the <ews-account-uid> is probably 7dd1f47a894.... You should have
> Evolution off when deleting its private files.
>
> Done - perhaps this helped get the log file to such a considerable size.

> > if I delete an email, it will go to my Deleted messages directory but
> > I'm unable to expunge the directory (or the email(s) inside).
>
> What do you mean with the expunge, is it Folder->Expunge (Ctrl+E) or
> the Empty Trash function? The evolution-ews does not support the
> expunge on other than the Trash (Deleted Items) folder (see [1]). I
> tried it here and it works just like that. You can also File->Empty
> Trash when having the trash folder selected, or pick the Empty Trash
> from the context menu above the Trash folder. To have this working the
> Trash folder needs to be recognized (and set up) as a Trash folder -
> one indication is it has a special icon. As you have trouble with the
> folder list I believe it'll fix itself once you correct the previous
> problem.
>
> Apologies for the poor phrasing - without the folder names appearing
correctly, I'm struggling to articulate the problem. However, I think
you've identified a part of the issue: my Trash folder is not recognized as
the Trash folder, despite the special icon, as the right click/contextual
click doesn't have the option to "Empty Trash".

I'll work on paring down the log to share - again, any suggestions for
things to keep in the file would be appreciated.

>         Bye,
>         Milan
>
> Best,
Bridger