Actually... for a rather fair number of Unix users, evolution in some
locations is not an option and so pine or mutt or what have you must be
used at some point. Now... I don't think that this really argues for
suport of fetchmail, but it is something to consider for other bugs.
Luis

On 05 Jul 2001 17:04:34 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> If your Joe End-User, how many different mail clients are you going to
> be using? One. Therefore, does it really matter? No.
>
> Jeff
>
> On 05 Jul 2001 22:32:48 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> > So sprach Jeffrey Stedfast am Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 02:32:03PM -0400:
> > > Besides, POP isn't a very complicated protocol and we support damn near
> > > everything that fetchmail does and we will never have to worry about
> > > commandline flag changes, config file format changes, or anything else.
> >
> > Yep, but the major con of a not setup fetchmail is, that you can only
> > pull mail if you're running evo - or is there some sort of "daemon"
> > mode for evo?
> >
> > Alexander Skwar
> > --
> > How to quote:       http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
> > Homepage:   http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de
> >    iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
> >             Uptime: 1 day 4 hours 32 minutes

Luis Villa
Ximian Bugmaster
"Quality is an amazing bridge because it is universal in its language."
Thomas Corcoran