On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 10:50, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 18:39, Thomas Mailund wrote:
> > On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 23:05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >
> > > I think the problem is that in IMAP you don't actually ``receive'' messages
> >
> > I should still be able to manually apply filters on the folder,
> > shouldn't I?
>
> Nope. The way I understand it, the messages have to actually be
> downloaded from the server to your client software and stored on the
> client for the filters to get applied. The filters get applied in the
> middle of that process. With IMAP, the messages just stay where they are
> on the server. Since they don't get transferred, there's no way to apply
> the filters.

that turns out not to be the case. I've tried creating a filter that
moves mails to one of my local folders, and I can both apply the filter
and make it work on new emails. Since I can both move mails between IMAP
folders, *and* apply filters to IMAP folders, I think I should be able
to combine the two and have filters that moves mails between IMAP
folders, right?

        /mailund

--
"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn
to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."