On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 06:04, Not Zed wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 00:55, Gene Imes wrote:
> > I have been using pine for a while and decided to switch to Evolution. I
> > like Evolution but it has some problems. So, what follows is a list of
> > what I think needs to be added or changed:
> >
> > 1. I have added several users to manage different mailing lists. So if I
> > have one of these accounts selected and click new message then the
> > 'From:' should be the address of the current folder selected.
>
> this has been requested before.

And should be a thousand times until someone understands that some of us
want flexibility(configurability).

> > 2. If I have an account selected in the 'Folder' bar an address book
> > relating specifically to that account should be available.
>
> hmm, but no such relationship exists.

What does this mean? You can have an addressbook for each account. The
addresses I have are not common to each account (configurability?).

> > 3. If I click 'Reply', 'Reply to All', or 'Forward' then what should be
> > forwarded is what is displayed. i.e. If I have selected View->Message
> > Display->Show Email Source and the full email source is displayed then
> > that is what should be should be 'Replied' or 'Forwarded'.
>
> forward should use an attachment.  this hasbee4n debated to death.
>
> replying, generally people do not want the headers, only the meaningful
> content (e.g. why would you reply to a mime message and include all
> encoded images and multiple parts, quoted, in an unusable form?  that
> would be nuts).  thats w3hat forward is for, to retain the full
> structure and content of the original.

This may work for you but not for me. Why do you care what my motives
for wanting something. I don't want to forward email as an attachment I
want it inline and If the email source is displayed and I want to
forward it then why shouldn't I be able to do this? Example: I get some
spam and know who the originating ISP is so I want to send forward an
email to them requesting they remedy the situation and the proof is the
email source. I can cut an paste but if it is already displayed then why
can't that be inlined? Well, it could be if the idea if maximum
flexibility isn't killed all together.

> > 4. If I have selected a message for deletion, which is also my current
> > selection, then maybe the 'deletion' icon on the toolbar should then
> > become an 'undeletion' icon.
>
> i agree with this, but its not my decision :-/

I guess anyone can do whatever they want with the software they write
but what good is it if it does not do simple things that people want.

> > 5. If I am reading a message it would be nice to have some sort of
> > context menu with all available options, pertaining to open messages,
> > with a right click anywhere on the message.
>
> did you try right clicking anywhere on the message?
> i can't recall, perhaps in 1.0.8 it only works in the message list, in
> 1.2 it works anywhere.

Why yes. Gentoo only has 1.0.8 as far as I know.

Cheers,

--
::::: Gene Imes                      http://www.ozob.net :::::