tir, 2002-09-24 kl. 06:58 skrev William Kenworthy:

> Actually I cannot understand people who critisise people wanting to do
> spam filtering.

I'm not criticising people who want to do spam filtering, no way.

> You are lucky in that you have:
> a) your own machine
> b) access to the services required to run system wide spam resources

Hadn't thought about that, sorry. I assumed that everyone running Evo
was doing it on his own workstation. Faulty thinking.

> What about that very large group who *DO NOT* have such access.
> Attitudes such as this condem them to running without spam blocking ...
> Being able to run emails througn a spam or virus checker at the local
> level is superflous in your case, but I have seen quite a number of
> people who have no other alternative to doing it at the local level.

Mea maxima culpa.

> Yes evo is not ideal for this, but what alternatives are there with a
> largely locked down, multiple user system with unsympathetic (for
> whatever reason) sysadmins?

True.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"Growing old" is compulsory, "growing up" is optional.

e-post:         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key: http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:       (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:         (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981