cheers();

> > Labels though seem to be stored in ~/evolution on every account
> > separately. Where exactly are they stored?
>
> they are stored in ~/evolution/mail/imap/<account>/folders/<folder
> path>/summary
>
> > And is there any hope to store that information in the mail on IMAP
> > server, too? I really would appreciate this.
>
> nah, not easily doable. we *could* encode the follow-up flag in a
> message header or something, and add it to the message - but that means
> we'd have to download the message (actually, it's already downloaded if
> you are viewing it anyway), add the header, delete the message on the
> server and then re-upload the modified version of the message. This has
> some major disadvantages:
>
> 1) totally sucks for performance reasons
> 2) messages will lose their ordering
> 3) if you are currently viewing the message, it would disappear out from
> under your nose.

OK, I understand that. But here I wasn't speaking about follow-ups, but
labels.

Status Information _is_ stored on the IMAP server. Labels _not_. Why?
Where's the different, as for both a new header entry is sufficiant?

> > - View / Message Display / Source broken
> >
> > Displaying the Mail with full headers or as Source is really a good
> > feature. But it is really broken.
> >
> > Even Source View filters the content and doesn't display the real
> > source. Headers like Status: and X-Status: are omitted.
>
> no it doesn't. if they aren't being displayed, then they aren't in the
> raw message either.
>
> > Why? Everyone who wanna use this expects the real source to be
> > displayed. But this feature really is useless, when I have to view my
> > mbox file manually to get the full source.
> >
> > Any chance to get this fixed?
>
> those headers aren't there, there's nothing to fix :)

You are supposing I am a really dumb, aren't you? ;-))

I checked the message source as it is in my IMAP mbox file. There _are_
those lines. And they are _not_ displayed in 'view source'.

I will give you some proof later. Had expewrienced some problems with
headers weeks ago but the thread died some time...

> > There seems to be no way, to set Labels by Filter. Just forgotten when
> > coding?
>
> not so much forgotten as left waiting in the TODO queue until we had
> time to figure out how to do it.

OK, that's the usual problem. ;-) Don't suppose that it will be added
for 1.4?

> > The Threaded Message View is really a great feature. But as there are on
> > other mailing-lists people, who seems not to know about a reply button,
> > I get a lot of partially broken Threads.
> >
> > What about a feature, to tell Evo that a message is a follow-up to
> > another post? And vice-versa defining a post as not-follow-up?
> >
> > Is it even possible to code? (Sorry, I don't know, how the follow-up in
> > threads are calculated. Any info about that is also welcome.)
>
> :\
>
> I'd really prefer not to do things this way, it just makes stuff more
> complicated.

Yeah, it really will.

> I think what you are looking for is "thread based on subject" which we
> used to have in 1.0.x (then everyone complained, so we removed it - and
> now everyone is complaining that we *don't* thread by subject anymore -
> *sigh*, the pain never stops ;-)

lol -- no, the way 1.2.x handles follow-ups is way better than I know
from 1.0.x. I don't wanna get the old behavior back.

Then it will still be up to the users...

...guenther